Language of instruction: English
Credits: 10 ECTS
This course focuses on developing teaching aids in the shape of texts, e.g. fiction, from various periods, media and genres.
- In this course we will work with authentic teaching aids from various periods, media and genres aimed at teaching English.
- We will be working with textanalysis, understanding of culture, genre traits, as well as with students’ written language development from both a functional and a structural understanding of language.
- We will work with authentic, fictitious and factual texts from an extended concept of text with the aim of developing teaching sequences for all age groups and grades.
- Additionally, we will work with reflection and analysis of digital platforms and digital teaching aids.
Competency objectives of the module
The student is able to demonstrate competence with regards to:
- Language and teaching languages.
- Language acquisition and foreign language communication.
- Intercultural competence with regards to teaching English as a foreign language.